Sunday, February 26, 2006

shrinking myself?

Like pretty much everyone else in this world, I find myself doing the things that we do in this world... Sometimes, like pretty much everyone else in this world, I find myself wondering what I really am. What is my character? What type of a person am I? Sometimes, again like pretty much everyone else in this world, I come across other people in this world and see what they are like... And sometimes a discovery leads to another...

I saw someone, noticed, and learned. A person who behaved in a manner so typical of him and so untypical of myself. I noticed a characterisic that I never exhibited but he always did... I've heard my friends say that I'm modest. Am I really? Or do I just appear to be modest? Or am I using negative tactics?... A self-explanatory term that is used quite frequently within my circle of friends...

Psychologists would sometimes say that a patient has an inferiority complex or the opposite superiority complex. It is a state-of-being that one puts oneself into depending on what they've gone through in their life. Their entire past decides whether or not a person would have either of these complexes or none. But often, we can see that a person exhibiting an inferiority complex to the outside world really feels superior of himself deep down inside and the vice versa... Is that true?!!

Coming back to my story...

I saw this person and I learned a lot about this person and I tried to guess what kind of complex he may exhibit. But then, I saw that he actually exhibited the exact opposite of what I guessed. So then, I analysed myself and tried to guess what complex I could be having? And what was I exhibiting?... the exact opposite again!!...

It seems so strange when you seem to be able to see inside another person. It seems even stranger when it leads to the inside of yourself. I'm so glad that it happened to me. And hope I get to the bottom of the deep, dark chasm before its too late. It is one thing to not know about yourself. It is another to know but deny. But can we go further and accept what we are. After all, isn't acceptance of sub-optimality the first step towards reform...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home